Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fabulously FIERCE in 2K10

My theme for 2K10 is Fabulously FIERCE... It just came to me out of the blue... To be more specific... I am going to look Fabulously FIERCE... I am going to live Fabulously FIERCE... I am going to be Fabulously FIERCE... So what does that mean exactly... Really I just like how the word Fierce sounds but to set my goals I need to be more specific.

Well the dictionary definitions that I like most are...

  • marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions
  • Savage or threatening in appearance


There are more negative meanings to fierce but they are not fabulous and the goal is Fabulously FIERCE...
Okay so first thing first is that I look okay now in 2K9 but I need to look better.

Mediocrity is not cool in 2K10...

Let us look at things that are not Fabulously FIERCE... Two pack and 4 pack abs are not Fabulously FIERCE... Love handles are not Fabulously FIERCE... soft, squeezable biceps, triceps, glutes, quads etc. are not Fabulously FIERCE... Anything cute is not Fabulously FIERCE... Words and phrases like OK, allright, next time..., you tried..., average, not bad... You get the idea.

To get more ripped, I have to control my Diet and Exercise. I have to eat even less and train harder than last year. I have to add 3 days of intensive weight training in addition to the 5 days of Spin Classes every week. I have to count calories... Carbs have to be kept to a minimum and I am maxing out on Protein. Any carbs will have to be good carbs aka low GI foods (http://www.glycemicindex.com/)

The glycemic index (GI) is a ranking of carbohydrates on a scale from 0 to 100 according to the extent to which they raise blood sugar levels after eating. Foods with a high GI are those which are rapidly digested and absorbed and result in marked fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Low-GI foods, by virtue of their slow digestion and absorption, produce gradual rises in blood sugar and insulin levels, and have proven benefits for health. Low GI diets have been shown to improve both glucose and lipid levels in people with diabetes (type 1 and type 2). They have benefits for weight control because they help control appetite and delay hunger. Low GI diets also reduce insulin levels and insulin resistance.

http://www.aquaremedy.com/images/glycemicindex.gif

I personally love biology and chemistry so I understand glycolysis and the Krebs Cycle so if you want to read about the science of getting ripped, check this out...

disclaimer: lots of scientific nerdy stuff...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/casi1.htm
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/casi2.htm

There are lots of weight training programs with picture and video guides at
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=WorkoutPrograms

For my body type I have chosen 3 days a week with the heaviest weights I can manage...

Wednesday

  • Bench press 3x12
  • Incline fly 3x12
  • Military press 3x12
  • Standing Dumbbell Triceps Extension 3x12

Friday

  • Squat 3x12
  • Lunges 3x12
  • Leg Curl 3x12
  • Pull down 3x12
  • Seated Row 3x12
  • Barbell Curl 3x12


Saturday

  • Squat 1x12, 10, 10
  • Lunges 3x12
  • Stiff-Legged Dead lift 3x12
  • Leg Curl 3x12
  • Calf-raise 5x12

Lastly I am using supplements for that lil' xtra advantage. You should always take the time to read the ingredient lists and research what each thing does... Why is it included?
The active ingredients I am actively looking for are:

Tribulus Terrestris
Yohimbe
Whey Protein
Soy Protein
Egg Protein
NO2 - Nitric Oxide
Caffeine
Cayenne
Creatine
Green Tea
Flax Seed Oil

The supplements I am purchasing now are:

MHP T-Bomb II
SAN Tight
Spectra Force Research Thermophoric
Universal Hard Fast
Irwin Naturals Yohimbe Plus

And that is how I plan to look Fabulously FIERCE in 2K10....

No comments: